ALPINE PUBLIC PROCUREMENT SERVICES FOR SMALL AND MEDIUM SIZE ENTERPRISES ( SMEs)
Chambre de Commerce et d'Industrie de Grenoble
Lead Partner Country
Date of Approval
Approx. Total Budget in €
ERDF in €
The value of public purchase in the Alpine Space amount to 14 % of the GDP of the area. It represent therefore a huge development opportunity for private companies – and especially Small and Medium Size Enterprises ( SMEs). Nevertheless, only 3% of public contracts are awarded to transnational bidders. This situation represent a weakness for the competitiveness of the Alpine Space, both for private suppliers who miss important development opportunities, and for the alpine local authorities who do not take advantage of the most competitive offers. The objective of the ALPPS project is therefore to implement solutions to improve the access of SMEs to public contracts within the Alpine Space. For that purpose, the main activities will be the electronic dissemination of tenders to a panel of pilot SMEs, the development of an electronic guide summarising all the useful legal information about public procurement in the Alpine Space, the organisation of workshops about public procurement in all participating regions, and finally a SWOT analysis of the public procurement situation in the Alpine Space.
The main objective of the project is to improve SMEs access to tender notices published in other alpine areas, and to help them gain new markets.
For that purpose, the main activities have consisted in:
- disseminating tender notices to a panel of 90 pilot SMEs,
- developing an electronic guide summarising all the useful legal information about public procurement in the Alpine Space
- organising workshops about public procurement in all participating regions,
- helping SMEs in submitting bids abroad thanks to the constitution of a helpdesk network
- promoting partnership between companies located in different alpine areas conducting a final SWOT analysis concerning the public procurement situation in the Alpine Space.
The following results have been achieved:
- 12 000 tender notices have been sent during the pilot phase to the 90 pilot companies selected by the partners
- the electronic guide on public procurement can be downloaded in French, English, German and Italian languages, from www.alpps-online.com
- organisation of 29 workshops on public procurement during the project’s life the local helpdesks have dealt with more than 40 questions issued by SMEs on public procurement procedures or legislation matters.
Project Result Files
EU Project Partners
Auftragsberatungszentrum Bayern e.v (Germany)
Camera di Commercio Industria Artiginato e Agricoltura di Torino (Italy)
Chambre de Commerce et d'Industrie de Strasbourg et du Bas Rhin (France)
Industrie und Handelskammer Südlicher Oberrhein (Germany)
Regione Piemonte (Italy)
Non-EU Project Partners