Le Vie dei Metalli – The Iron Route
Cooperativa Leader Plus delle Valli Seriana e di Scalve s.c.r.l.
Lead Partner Country
01/2005 - 12/2007
Date of Approval
Approx. Total Budget in €
ERDF in €
The project aims at revaluing old mining areas of the Alpine Space in order to solve structural and management problems by valorizing the resources of their cultural and environmental heritage. It will promote an efficient and environmental friendly management of the natural resources making the iron routes accessible and usable by operators, local inhabitants and tourists. Main activities:
1) studies and research on best methods and ways of implementation aimed at valorizing the local mining resources through the exchange of experiences and good practices;
2) feasibility analysis of tourist-cultural itineraries connected to the mines and cultural management of the mining sites (SWOT analysis);
3) setting up new networks among institutional authorities, private actors and local bodies supporting the mining heritage;
4) creation of tourist/pedagogical itineraries of the iron routes;
5) realization of a special multilingual Web Portal on mining sites and promotional activities and materials.
- Promoting an exchange of experiences about management models, promoting and disseminating a cultural and environmental tourism in the Alpine territory and above all in the now abandoned mining areas.
- Increasing the historical, cultural and environmental knowledge of the local inhabitants.
- Promoting and valorising the resources of the cultural and environmental heritage of the mining areas.
- Efficient and environment friendly management of the natural resources in the Alpine mining areas.
- Promoting a high altitude environment friendly tourism.
- Creating tourist tours in the ancient mines.
- Promoting the links amongst different European realities to produce synergy and good practices permanent exchanges.
Project Result Files
EU Project Partners
Comunità Montana di Valle Trompia (Italy)
Marktgemeinde Hüttenberg – Touristische Anlagen Hüttenberg (Austria)
Podzemlje Pece RSCM- Radbeni Materiali D.O.O. (Slovenia)
Regione Autonoma Friuli Venezia Giulia SPM (Italy)
Regione Autonoma Valle d’Aosta (Italy)
Regione Lombardia AESS (Italy)
Università dell’ Insubria (Italy)
Non-EU Project Partners