Alpine wildlife management strategy (Work Package WP T2)
Work Package WP T2, managed by the Research Institute of Wildlife Ecology (Vienna) FIWI, developed a harmonised approach for wildlife management across the Alps.
Therefore, workshops on forensic and wildlife crimes were hold to build capacity and inform on documenting and combating wildlife crime for national / regional wildlife crime units. Supplementary, a practical handbook on forensic procedures in wildlife crime was published.
Furthermore, the project partners worked on mapping and analyzing varying Alpine wildlife management systems and impacts on ecological connectivity considering the distribution of wide-ranging game species. More information can be found in the final publication (Chapter 4, page 43-62).
Output and Deliverables
- Wildlife management within the EUSALP perimeter: D.T2.1.1-D.T2.3.1_wildlife-management-within-the-eusalp-perimeter.pdf
- Practical handbook on forensic procedures in wildlife crime: D.T2.2.1_practical-handbook-on-forensic-procedures-in-wildlife-crime.pdf
- Transnational workshop on standardization of wildlife forensic methods (October 2017, Venzone, Italy)
- Workshop on transboundary wildlife management (October 2017, Trenta, Slovenia)
- Tri-national meeting on hunting activities and ecological connectivity (May 2019, Chamonix-Mont-Blanc, France): Report_WPT2_tri-national-meeting.pdf and PowerPointPresentation
WP Leader: Research Institute of Wildlife Ecology (Vienna) FIWI