CoNSENSo training for Family Community Health Nurses
One of the key outputs of CoNSENSo is the creation of a specific training model that will prepare nurses for their new role as a family community health nurse.
The University of Primorska, Slovenia is coordinating the preparation of the training model with Azienda Sanitoria Locale-Torino.
Two specific training programmes will be developed:
- a long-term training programme that will end in 2018
- a week long training programme in Izola, Slovenia from 27 June to 1 July 2016.
Focus on the training in Izola, Slovenia in June 2016
The training course held in Izola from 27th June to 1st July 2016 was intended as a preliminary training for all the nurses that will work on implementing the CoNSENSo model in the different partner territories. Through bringing together all the nurses, and lecturers from Austria, Italy and Slovenia, the aim was to share information on health policy and culture-specific characteristics in the field of community and family nursing between the regions. The training programme lasted for 5 days with 45 hours of lectures and workshops. They covered how the CONSENSO Community Family nurses will work in the field during the project implementation phase, and included the topics:
- presentation of the project partners and regions and understanding of the conceptual model to be implemented;
- presentation of the nursing process to be carried out during home visits (project implementation);
- presentation of the concepts of quality of life and frailty;
- presentation of the evaluation process, the APP and the e-learning platform.